Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) recently released the Michigan Online Reporting System for mandated reporters to submit complaints of suspected child abuse and neglect. MDHHS created the Michigan Online Reporting System for mandated reporters to submit non-emergency complaints of suspected child abuse and neglect. The benefits of submitting a complaint via the Michigan Online Reporting System include:
- Submit a complaint 24/7 from anywhere with internet access
- Save the reporter information so future reports are more quickly completed
- Avoid phone wait time
- Upload photos and documents with the complaint
- Save in-progress complaints and resume later
- View recently submitted complaints
- Receive an automatic email receipt that the complaint was received
- Skip completing the DHS-3200
When submitting a complaint through the Michigan Online Reporting System, be sure to provide all the complaint information as thoroughly as possible to allow Centralized Intake to fully assess the situation.
For cases which require an emergency response, please continue to call 911 and then the Centralized Intake Hotline at 855-444-3911 instead of using the Michigan Online Reporting System to submit a complaint. The Centralized Intake phone hotline will also remain available and fully staffed for those who prefer to call in their report. However, when calling a complaint into the hotline, MDHHS still requires a written report (DHS-3200) within 72 hours of the call.
Find more information regarding the Michigan Online Reporting System at www.michigan.gov/mandatedreporter.
|Become a foster parent through Michigan Department of Health & Human Services foster care program.
Questions? Contact Us